There are certainly some must have flower girl accessories for your wedding that are real staples for the event. You should always remember to include them as you plan things for your wedding day because they are important things that you should never miss out on. Keep in mind that the flower girls are one of the highlights of your wedding. They make it more special and they make the event a far more colorful thing to look forward to. To keep things in check, here is a quick list of the five must have flower girl accessories for your wedding.
1. Flower Basket – Whether you plan for your flower girls to hold their very own version of little bouquets or have them sprinkle flower petals on the red carpet where you will walk on later, it would be best to have them hold a flower basket instead . The little girls might not yet be too keen to hold some flower stalks and their little hands might find it hard to grasp onto it. It would be easier for them to carry a basket since it will also be something that they are familiar with. Just make sure that the grip of your flower basket is comfortable enough for them to handle.
2. The Flowers – Of course, what is a flower girl without her very own flower? If you want to stick with the formalities of the event, do not make the mistake of letting the little girls handle roses because you do not want them to run along the danger of pricking their hands while surveying the flowers. You should also ask their parents if the girls happen to have some pollen or flower allergies so you can choose the right one which will not be hazardous for their health. Should you wish to choose to have them sprinkle some flower petals, you might want to consider the age of the flower girl first. It might not be such a good idea to let a toddler so such a task.
3. Flower Tiara – If you want them to look like little fairies and elegantly style them during your wedding day, you can also create a flower tiara for them. For this you can already settle for artificial flowers or do a makeshift one that will go along perfectly with their gown. Also make sure that the flower girl has no issues with wearing something on her head so that she will really be able to use the said tiara while walking down the aisle.
4. Flower Wand – You can also try creating something magical for your wedding with the use of a flower wand. If you think a basket looks a bit bulky and heavy for the little girls to carry, you can choose to have them carry a piece of flower wand instead. You can attach petals too on the wand to make it more creative.
5. Charm Bracelet or Necklace – The little girls will certainly look elegant with either of these pieces.