Did you know that good luck charms are used for centuries for different purposes? Yes, they have myriad uses. Some of them used it to bring prosperity, luck and fortune to the wearer, while some used it to ward off evil spirits and bad luck in their lives.
Whatever their reasons, they exist not only to bring good luck, ward off misfortune, but also as ornament to beautify our homes and ourselves.
What are good luck charms?
These are also known as amulets or talismans to bring luck and good fortune to bearers. For centuries, different cultures have their own superstitious and traditions on how these items were used, ranging from protecting warriors during battle, to ward off bad fortune, to bring luck and as a magical magic to make someone love somebody.
Regardless of the truthfulness of these superstitions, some individuals use it to achieve something, while others utilize them as personal ornaments or decorative items for their homes. Some use it to bring luck to businesses, to ward off accidents, to boost academic achievements and to bring luck to their love life.
Different types of good luck charms found in jewelry:
- Ladybugs – It is believed to bring luck to the bearer. More so, it is considered bad luck to kill a ladybug.
- Rainbows – It is considered lucky because some people believed that there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.
- Tigers – According to Chinese astrology, tigers are consider lucky and protector against fire, evil and theft.
- Rabbits Foot – Some people claimed that rabbit’s feet bring protection and luck to travelers.
- Buddha – According to Chinese people, Buddha can serve as a lucky amulet especially when you rub his belly.
- Nautical star – It is a good luck symbol that provides protection and guidance to sailors.
- Dream catcher – It is considered a good fortune for Native Americans because it can ward off bad images and catch negative images of our dreams.
- Number seven – It is considered the luckiest number by different cultures and religions, like Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity.
- Bamboo – Many individuals believed that a bamboo brings good luck to your home, thus Feng Shui experts suggest to have a bamboo inside your house.
- Lucky penny – People believed that seeing a penny on the ground brings good luck and good fortune to those to possess it.
- Falling star – Some claimed that your wishes will be granted if you see a falling star.
- Shark’s Tooth – Some people alleged that it has healing and protective powers to those who possess it. Many individuals wear them as necklaces or keep them anywhere in their house.
- Garlic – Aside from its popularity of vanquishing vampire during the Middle Ages and its capacity to heal some diseases, it is also considered a tool that brings luck to those who have them in their possession.
- Cross – Aside from being a symbol of Christianity, it is said to ward of evil spirits and brings good luck to those who have it.
The above mentioned amulets are some of the myriad talismans found worldwide.