Since there are so many necessities of becoming a quality leader, you might wonder, why, I am dedicating this article, to the need, for them, to have CHARM, and a lot more! It’s important to recognize, realize, and understand, unless/ until, others perceive an individual, as having certain compelling, positive attributes, they will rarely, be ready, and/ or willing, to follow, that person. A leader must become capable of making that connection, with his stakeholders, where they care deeply, about him, and believe, he is capable of making, that genuine difference, for the better! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly discuss, examine, and consider, using the mnemonic approach, why this asset, makes a difference, for better, or worse.
1. Clever; creative; character; caring; connection: True leaders must seek, to connect, in a significant way, with their constituents! He must be perceived, as being, caring, and possessing the quality of character, which distinguishes him, from the rest – of – the – pack! Clever leadership ensues, when someone proceeds, in a creative way, in order to make the best difference, for the future!
2. Healing; head/ heart: An essential priority of true leaders, must be focused on healing others, for the common good! To achieve this, requires balancing one’s emotional and logical components, in a relevant, head/ heart balance!
3. Attitude; attention; articulate: Charming leaders must possess and demonstrate, their inspiring, motivating, positive, can – do, attitude, if they hope, to get others, more positively involved, and committed. Combining this, with paying keen attention, to all the necessities of effective leadership, attracts others, in a positive manner! These leaders are ready, willing and able to clearly articulate their message, approach, goals, and priorities, focusing on the benefits, to the organization, and the common good, of the stakeholders!
4. Relevant; rational; realistic; reasons/ reasoning: It’s not enough to merely seek change, but it must be, nor for change – sake, but relevant, to the needs, goals, priorities, etc of, both the group, and its constituents! The message must be, both, actually, as well as perceived as being, realistic! Why should others respect a leader’s reasoning, until/ unless, he, first, explained his reasons, in a compelling, inspiring manner?
5. Make mark; mention; motivate: How must a leader, ensure, he is capable of making his mark, for the better? Others are often inspired and motivated, when a leader, makes a concerted effort, to mention, and thank, constituents, for their assistance, and participation!
Do you have the CHARM, to become a compelling, meaningful leader? Will you pay attention, to all the necessities of proceeding, in a quality manner?